To our valued patients,
We hope you and your family have been doing well during these past few uncertain weeks.
The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March, and we are delighted to inform you that we will once again be able to provide dental care for you and your family.
While there have been a few changes to our clinic and procedures, we are, as always, fully committed to the safety of our patients and staff.
In order to keep us all protected during this pandemic, we have implemented some additional measures that you may notice at your next visit:
- A plexiglass barrier has been installed at reception
- Additional sanitization stations are available to disinfect your hands
- Magazines, toys, and other items have been removed to ensure a clean workspace
- New patient forms are available to complete online with minimal paperwork
- A lot of our reception work will be performed remotely to minimize the number of people at the front at any time
- There is no longer a “waiting room”
- Washroom access has been restricted
- We have secured personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure safety for everyone, and you may notice our staff wearing more protective gear such as face shields and gowns – Rest assured we still look the same underneath!
- All surfaces will be regularly disinfected throughout the day
In light of COVID-19, the process of booking and attending your dental appointment will also be a little different. Here is what to expect:
- You will undergo a pre-screening prior to booking and when you arrive for your appointment
- Wait in your car or outside until we call you to come in; there is no waiting room and you will be taken straight to treatment
- Come by yourself; only patients are allowed in the clinic
- Please bring a mask or face covering; if you do not have one, we can provide it upon your arrival (but please be mindful that we do have a finite stock)
- Wear your mask at all times before and directly after your treatment
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival
- Have your temperature taken and recorded
- As we have restricted washroom access, please use the washroom before coming into the clinic
- Maintain strict physical distancing with staff and other patients unless otherwise necessary
- Cash and cheques will not be accepted; receipts will be emailed
The safety of our patients and staff has always been paramount and these measures have been put in place at the recommendation of our governing bodies at the RCDSO and the CDHO. We will continue to keep you updated as these measures change.
To ensure your appointment goes smoothly, we have put together some helpful tips for you to consider:
- Avoid arriving too early and expect slightly longer wait times between patients as we disinfect and prepare your room
- Don’t double-book yourself; leave time either side of your appointment in case of delays
- Reduce time spent in the operatory after your treatment has been completed; head to the front when you are finished
- Any questions and concerns you have should be addressed by phone or email prior to your visit to ensure timeliness during your appointment; top priority will be given to completion of treatment and addressing your immediate dental concerns at the time of your appointment
- Contactless payment is preferred, otherwise terminals will be wiped down after use
*In the event all anticipated treatment cannot be completed in the allotted time, your treatment will need to be completed at a separate visit and another appointment will be made.
We know this seems like a lot of information to process, and we ask that you please be patient with us as we navigate how to best schedule and serve our patients during these unprecedented times.
If you have any questions or concerns that you would like clarified, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you again soon!